Sunday, April 17, 2011

Towards the end...

This was my first time taking an environmental course, and I have learned a lot from it. Before taking the course, I had some knowledge about the environment today, but it was just too broad and general. Throughout the course, I've learned that the environmental problems that we face today is actually a lot complicated than I thought. I would say, most of the factors, such as poverty, innovation, and pollution, that exist in the world do affect the environment, and they are the causes of the environmental problems. I also learned that there are several thinkings towards solving the environmental problems--Market Liberals, Institutionalists, Bioenvironmentalists, and Social Greens. After knowing these concepts, I am favored of both Market Liberals and Social Greens because economy (technology) is capable of solving some of the environmental problems that we face. This is because it is essential that we have enough capitals to implement whatever the project is. In order to do so, we need our economy to keep enhacing. I agree with Social Greens to some extent because we definitely need to value our planet because if we keep on harming the environment, we will lose natural resources. As a result, our economy will fall down. Even worse, it will threaten human security, such as diseases, due to pollution and the climate change. I've learned so many from this course, and everything that I learned was new to me, so I was always engaged to the class. I will definitely take some environmental course when I get back to Japan. Thank you so much for the wonderful class!

No comments:

Post a Comment