Monday, February 7, 2011

Technology

I think to a great extent, I think technology is a positive effect in our lives because our quality of life has improved (well, at least I think) than what we had long time ago. Without technology's help, we wouldn't be able to get such high life expectancy rates, literacy rates, and more. Today, because of the Internet, we can readily search something that we want to know. Before technology had improved, we had to go to the library, or find some type of sources to answer the question. So in terms of quality of life, I think technology is a positive effect. However, I also think that technology is a negative effect on the environment. And this negative effect is actually reflected on us. For example, due to Ozone layer depletion, we, humans, absorb more heat (ultraviolet) than ever before. And this increases the posibility of getting skin cancer. Also, some of the people, who live close to the shore, lost their homes because the temperature of the planet has been increasing over the years which triggered to increase the sea level due to melting ice in antarctica.
So, I think technology has both a positive and a negative effect. However, even there is a negative effect, humans won't stop relying on technology anyway because we are all sellfish (that's what I think), and we want to live comfortably and happily. So I guess we have to find a solution that we can continue using technology while save the environment. And I'm sure one day, someone will find it! :)

1 comment:

  1. yes i finally got to know how to post a comment without using someone's post! :)

    ReplyDelete